Twilight in Blank Stares...

Date: 12.03.04

bsaccBlank Stares and Cricket Claps, a wonderful UK 'zine has a cover story interview with Greg Dulli in their latest issue. BSACC also talked to Bobby McIntyre, Twilight drummer in issue #5.

You can download both issues for free from their website as PDF files.

It's been a while since I've read about independent music in a print format. I really miss the feel and smell of cheap paper and still-wet ink. Many online music 'blogs have excellent writing; but they can't match the creative layout and implied urgency of an old school 'zine. These digital pages are close enough to the real thing. Enjoy.

thx Gary

Comment on "Twilight in Blank Stares..."

robin Says:

the pdf has a block on it. i can't get it to print. anyone figure out how to print it? thx.

Posted: December 3, 2004 10:40 AM

nonaesthetic Says:

thanks for pointing that out, robin. i've retracted the whimsical bit about printing hard copies. - lee

Posted: December 3, 2004 11:21 AM

Gary (Bsacc) Says:

Yeh, sorry 'bout that. That block seems like a mistake with hindsight.
Still, hope you like.

Posted: December 3, 2004 11:33 AM

mississippi queen Says:

Nice read...I like that the mag has a bit of a comic book art quality to it. The article made me understand the progression of Greg's self reliance. Inspiring. Thanks Gary and Lee!
I just had my first eggnogish drink of the season, an eggnog latte...yums. Stay warm and go enjoy some live music! Our Mermaid is closing.

Posted: December 3, 2004 08:33 PM

SDayRE Says:

Use PDF Password Recovery to unblock the print option

Posted: December 4, 2004 12:31 PM

earthseasky Says:

It seems as though the 'zine has used up its bandwidth?
"This account has exceeded it's bandwidth quota and has been temporarily disabled. "

Now, my company's very old building has a dearth of bandwidth--is this the problem? I *was* able to access this very cool site last week...
What giveth?!!

Posted: December 6, 2004 05:02 PM

Jon BSACC Says:

BSACC is back online again now, should be able to download files again, sorry bout that!

Posted: December 7, 2004 04:15 AM

Rocko Says:

Hey, is there a way to buy one of these magazines here under the stars and bars? If my computer were a human it would be old enough to get a boner but since it's a computer instead it can't do anything that involves downloading anything.

Posted: December 14, 2004 01:57 AM

Jen Says:

Rocko--I emailed BSACC and asked for one, they said they'd mail it out but its only been about a week, so I haven't gotten it yet if its coming.

Posted: December 14, 2004 04:16 PM

Rocko Says:

Yeah, I can't find an e-mail address. My computer is old school. It can't handle anything. It just wants to go to bed. Anybody know that e-mail address? Thanks!

Posted: December 16, 2004 11:41 AM

Jen Says:

The email address is cricketclaps@yahoo.co.uk

Posted: December 16, 2004 01:46 PM

Rocko Says:

Hey yeah, I totally found it under the army guy. Thanks. Gary seems like an allright dude. Thumbs up, Gary.

Posted: December 16, 2004 02:17 PM