04 Tour: TS - 2 Nights in Oregon

Date: 10.23.04

The Twilight Singers will be at Doug Fir in Portland tonight and will hit WOW Hall in Eugene tomorrow.

Oregonians, hit us up with your setlists and show feedback.

Comment on "04 Tour: TS - 2 Nights in Oregon"

Dan Says:

Saturday Night at the Doug Fir Lounge was great. Dulli was 'Tha Pimp' as always. Aside from selling a drag from his cig for $14 to a guy in the front and playing a song for "Kate Moss", Dulli kept the tunes coming because "we bitch if he talks". Not having seen him in a long time I have to ask... "what happened"? Greg looked tired and empty, devoid of real passion. Not the performance, because Dulli is always a stellar show. I mean on a personal level. It's like being a witness to the second part of King Only - Lucifer's fall. Regardless, much love to Greg and the TS for giving Portland our dues; April was a bad month. I'm gonna hold you to that "see ya next year" shit.
Set List for 10/23/04:

The Killer
Roses

Crime Scene
Faded

Posted: October 24, 2004 01:43 PM

Danielle Says:

Kick ASS show at the Doug Fir. I had been waiting for that day for a very long time, and I have to say, it was not quite as I imagined it. At any rate, it will have to do. I am, however, grateful and thrilled to have seen Greg Dulli take the stage.
Anyone happen to immortalize this monumental evening with a snapshot or two?

See ya next year, Greg. Can't wait!

Posted: October 24, 2004 01:55 PM

killjoy Says:

Dan's stage setlist is correct, though Greg tossed in the requisite snippets/covers. The evening also saw parts of Who's That Lady, Love Hurts, Slow Ride, the Joker, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Photograph, While You See A Chance, and I'm Comin' Out. He sang "I'm Comin' Out" after licking Mr. Skibic on the neck. Haha. The many references to Kate Moss were not to the ACTUAL Ms. Moss. He was picking on a gal in the front left corner who was very sleepy. Even accused her of doing heroin. Hence the Moss label. GREAT show, and VERY LOUD. And Greg actually talked more than I've heard in a long while. He just saved it for the first encore. It looked for awhile like the show was going to spin off into a marathon and he even threatened it. EUGENE IS NEXT!!!
Anyone know why Greg was chewing on Bobby?? Bobby looked pissed. None of my party could figure out what the deal was. Oh well...

Posted: October 24, 2004 03:37 PM

killjoy Says:

Oh yeah - and you had to laugh when Greg apologized for April's "laryngitis" and winked. (Though he DID chastize any people who may have thought he postponed for other reasons...)

Posted: October 24, 2004 03:40 PM

J Says:

what was that opener?? Any more notes on it?

Posted: October 24, 2004 03:45 PM

Ken H Says:

Can anyone out there help me out with purchasing a DVD? Thanks for your help....kah2673@hotmail.com. Thanks Greg for putting out some great music.

Posted: October 24, 2004 04:42 PM

pst Says:

Sucks that it was a non-smoking venue but Dulli and band were allowed to smoke. They shoulda made an exception to the rule tonight and let the audience follow their leader, cuz I was ready to light up...

Posted: October 24, 2004 04:54 PM

killjoy Says:

J - the opener, 'debussy', was Manuel playing a piece by that composer on piano. It was just a minute or so lead-in to 'wristband'.

Posted: October 24, 2004 05:56 PM

Josh Says:

RE: "The many references to Kate Moss were not to the ACTUAL Ms. Moss. He was picking on a gal in the front left corner who was very sleepy. Even accused her of doing heroin. Hence the Moss label."

I've seen him many times, and never seen him "pick" on someone before like that. Sure, there is banter, but I don't think I've ever witnessed a running joke like that. A bit cruel? I'm no one to talk... I thought it was funny. Any chance to get him to talk to us...

Posted: October 24, 2004 09:52 PM

lee Says:

Eugene Setlist (Thanks, Don)

feeling of gaze
real love
too tough to die
nights in white satin / a love supreme / please stay
esta noche
king only
decatur st.
the twilite kid
that's just how that bird sings
papillon / i'm a loser
martin eden
black is the color of my true love's hair

Posted: October 25, 2004 05:13 PM