10 Things You Didn’t Know About Greg Dulli
He’s a former Afghan Whigger and current Twilight Singer. He’s allergic to shellfish but rather partial to the odd crab cake. He possesses X-ray vision, has been sawed in half and firmly believes that Eddie Van Halen has discovered the cure for cancer. He’s Greg Dulli, ladies and gents, and he doesn’t give a shit.
1) I am allergic to shellfish, which is ok, actually, because I find it all quite disgusting. However, I had a dream about 10 years ago where I killed a bunch of werewolves and then went to a coastal diner and had crab cakes with a nice sauce. They were delicious. So, when I awoke the next day, I decided to go to a restaurant and try them. And I’ll be damned if they weren’t delicious. I had some in New Orleans last week. Fantastic.
2) I often talk in my sleep. After being told this repeatedly, I decided to record myself. It was silent for the first 20 minutes and then it got really interesting. Some chanting and then some play by play of an unconscious baseball game that was going on in my REM state. The best were the crazy pickup lines I was trying out on the ladies I was meeting in my dreams. I’ve gotten lyrics for songs from these experiments.
3) I have correctly predicted the child gender to every pregnant lady I’ve ever met.
4) I took a supervised British Mensa Cattell III B test when I was 24 years old and got a score of 150. Apparently, I’m smarter than I look.
5) I’m relatively certain I could be a foot model. I have the best feet I’ve ever seen. Truly.
6) My first romantic crush was on Veronica Lodge from the Archie comic books. She still blows my mind. My first human crush was on Marilyn McCoo from the 5th Dimension. She married Billy Davis Jr. and became an evangelist. I’ve considered going to one of her services. Not in a creepy way.
7) My mother, my sister and I have identical eyes. To this day. We can see thru your clothes. And thru metal.
8) I have met the entire starting eight of the 1975-76 World Series Champion Cincinnati Reds. Pete Rose is a freak. The rest of them are sweethearts.
9) I was sawed in half at a magic show when I was 8. It didn’t hurt, but I’ve never quite been the same since that day.
10) I strongly believe and maintain that Eddie Van Halen actually has discovered the cure for cancer. He’ll give it to us when he’s ready. Get off his back.
Greg Dulli and his Twilight Singers are on tour now in support of their current album, Powder Burns.